- Roslender, R. & Nielsen, C., (2017), Taking the horses back to the water- but do they really want to drink? Questioning the prospects for an extension of narrative reporting practices, In review at Critical Perspectives on Accounting
- Nielsen, C., R. Roslender & S. Schaper (2016), Continuities in the use of the Intellectual Capital Statement approach: elements of an institutional theory analysis, Accounting Forum, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 16-28.
- Nielsen, C., R. Roslender & S. Schaper (2016), 10 Years after the IC Guideline: Uncovering explanations for the demise of the Intellectual Capital Statement in Denmark. Forthcoming in Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal
- Nielsen, C. & S. Nielsen, (2016). The role of management accounting technologies in the quest for leveraging public sector performance. Accepted in International Public Management Journal
- Nielsen, C. (2016). Getting value for money from your Science Park. Accepted and forthcoming in Public Money and Management.
- Nielsen, C., & R. Roslender, (2015). Enhancing financial reporting: the contribution of business models, British Accounting Review, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 262-274.
- Nielsen, C., Rimmel, G. & Yosano, T., (2015). Outperforming markets: IC and the long-term performance of Japanese IPOs. Accounting Forum, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 83–96
- Farooq, O., & Nielsen, C. (2015). Intellectual capital disclosure and dividend policy: Evidence from the Danish biotechnology-sector, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 82-102
- Nielsen, C., & Sort, J. C. (2015). Value exchange in university–industry collaborations, International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 193-215.
- Groth, P. & C. Nielsen (2015), Business Model Taxonomies: Using statistical tools to generate valid and reliable business model taxonomies, Journal of Business Models, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 4-21.
- Nielsen, C. (2016), Enablers and Barriers in Initiating University-Industry Collaborations, submitted to Creativity and Innovation Management
- Sandalgaard, N. & C. Nielsen, (2016), Budgeting in Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises, Paper submitted to Accounting Forum.
- Farooq, O., & Nielsen, C. (2014). Intellectual capital disclosure and analyst following: Evidence from Danish biotechnology firms. Journal of Intellectual Capital, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 142-156.
- Lund, M., & Nielsen, C. (2014). The evolution of network-based business models illustrated through the case study of an entrepreneurship project, Journal of Business Models, Vol. 2, No. 1., pp. 105-121.
- Nielsen, C. & K. Cappelen, (2014). Exploring the Mechanisms of Knowledge Transfer in University-Industry Collaborations: A Study of Companies, Students and Researchers. Higher Education Quarterly, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 375–393.
- Montemari, M., & Nielsen, C. (2013). The role of causal maps in intellectual capital measurement and management. Journal of Intellectual Capital, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 522-546.
- Nielsen, C., Sort, J. C., & Bentsen, M. J. (2013). Levers of management in university-industry collaborations: How project management affects value creation at different life-cycle stages of a collaboration, Tertiary Education and Management, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 246-266.
- Nielsen, C. & Bukh, P.N. 2013. Communicating strategy: Using the business model as a platform for Investor Relations work. Published in The Business Model Community Working Paper Series, No. 2013-10
- Nielsen C. 2012. Editorial: The role of human resources in business model performance. Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting. Vol. 16, No. 2.
- Nielsen, C. & M. Montemari. 2012. The role of human resources in business model performance: The case of network-based companies, Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting. Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 142-164.