Module 10: Research based internship, Research based project, or Studies at another university (30 ECTS)
For module 10 (3rd semester), students have three options:
a. A research based internship
b. A research based projecs
c. Studies at another university
Prior approval by TC/IM-semester coordinator must be obtained before a, b, or c is commenced. The TC/semester coordinator prepares operational guidelines for module 10.
Research based internship (30 ECTS)
The aim of a research based internship is to train the student to independently formulate, analyze and provide solutions to a management problem within innovation in a host company or organisation through the integration of theoretical reflection and practical action.
A project based internship is an opportunity to combine theories and methods from the study programme with the practices of companies, organizations and institutions. The internship must have an educational aim as well as contribute to the development of the intern hosts.
Content, teaching and forms of work
The student is part of the host organization and will work on assignments agreed upon by the host and the student and approved by the TC. The student receives guidance from SDC supervisors, one Danish and/or one Chinese supervisor. One of the supervisors is appointed as the principal supervisor. The principal supervisor will also be the examiner. The internship host assigns a contact person to support the student.
The learning objectives for the module are that the student upon completion can:
- Formulate an innovation/innovation management problem relevant to the internship host and reflecting the educational level of the student
- Prepare and apply a methodological design for how to collect and analyse data and provide solutions to the problem.
- Review, and critically discuss and select appropriate theories for analyzing and providing solutions to the defined problem.
- Work within the host organisation both independently and as part of teams and demonstrate insights into how the host organisation is organized and managed.
Research based project (30 ECTS)
The aim of a research based project is to train the student to independently formulate, analyze and provide solutions to an innovation/innovation management problem through theoretical reflections and scientific methods.
Content, teaching and forms of work
The students work independently, alone or in groups, on an innovation/innovation management problem/topic of theoretical or practical relevance and approved by the TC. The student receives guidance from two SDC-supervisors, one Danish and one Chinese supervisor. One of the supervisors is appointed as the principal supervisor. The principal supervisor will also be the examiner.
Following the successful completion of the module the student will be able to:
- Formulate an innovation/innovation management problem of theoretical and practical nature
- Prepare and implement a methodological design for how to collect and analyse data and provide solutions to the problem.
- Review and critically discuss and select appropriate theories for analyzing and providing solutions to the defined problem.
- Identify and discuss practical implications of the project.
- Work independently on the conducting of a study using scientific rigor
Studies at another university (30 ECTS)
The aim of studies at another university is to deepen and/or complement the SDC-study program and thus improve the academic and professional profile of the student.
The studies at another must receive the prior approval by TC and should fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at graduate level (4-5th year)
- Provide and transfer 30 ECTS
- Deepen and/or complement the SDC-Innovation Management programme
Upon completion of the studies at another university, the student reports the results to the TC. The credits/ECTS obtained are subsequently transferred to the SDC-IM programme. In case the student fails one or more courses and a re-exam is not possible, the TC decides on how to complete the failed courses.